Friday, May 28, 2010

Run & Ride

I meant to get to the pool yesterday, but time got away from me (at least the time that the pool is staffed) so I had to change my plans. Instead, I decided to run to Summit to pick up Willa, and then make an attempt to take public transit back home. We tried this once last fall after running club, but we missed this bus.

This time, we made it work. I find the bus schedules and maps difficult to decipher, but we now know the Route 3 bus hits Old Marion Road/Regent Street stop around 4:40PM. Unfortunately, this is an outgoing bus, so we ride the route all the way up around Target before heading back downtown. It was about a 20+ minute ride to get back to the stop at Franklin/27th, about four blocks from our house. Willa loved it!

A friend recently sent me a link to Velo Routes. This is a great site! Plot your bike or your run; or like me, plot it afterward to see exactly how far you ran (now I know that it was a 2.6 mile run from my house to Summit). You can save your routes, or you can download them and import them into your GPS unit if you're lucky enough to have a toy like that.

Now that Willa and I feel like city bus experts, we're excited to do it again. I'll plan at least one more run there before the end of the school year.

No comments: